12/23/13

New Year's Eve Party Makeup Tutorial & OOTD

O.M.G, you guys... Christmas is in 2 DAYS!! I can't even believe it! So before the holiday celebration gets officially underway around here, I wanted to share with you all one of my "go-to" party makeup looks, perfect for New Year's Eve! This would also be gorgeous for a Christmas Eve dinner celebration, or just any party in general, really. It's one of my favorite looks, and best of all, is super simple!

I also put together sort of an effortless and fun party look that works especially well in our neck of the woods, where it can get pretty cold on New Year's Eve.
Not that wearing a slinky little dress that covers a quarter of my body can't be fun, but seriously, I like to dress season-appropriate for where I live. I've always been like that.  So definitely don't feel like you have to go the typical sequined mini or tiny dress route for New Year's if it's freezing out.
You can definitely dress party-appropriate, fashionable, and be season-appropriate.
There's so many awesome options!

So check out my full video at the bottom of the post for a step-by-step tutorial on the makeup look as well as more info on the outfit. Hope you all love it!

But first, here's all the details...




products used for the makeup look:

not shown in video:


This outfit reflects my personal style perfectly... I'd like to say my style is effortless (not like I tried too hard or too trendy), classic, and with a bit of an edge.
Most of the elements are simple and chic (fitted blazer, silk top, leather tassel clutch), with one pretty trendy element.... the slouchy, tapered pant.  Oh, and a few edgy elements: the necklace, and spikes on the back of otherwise classic pointed-toe shoes.

So let's talk about these pants...


I'm a little obsessed with them. They're slouchy, tapered, and in a gorgeous crepe-y fabric that looks and feels really nice.
I also have them in black. They seriously go with whatever you put with them. They're just so easy.  The nicer fabric gives them much more versatility than a typical cotton knit style.


The bright fabric (these are in the shade "carnelian") provides a little pop for the outfit. That's a big tip of mine where New Year's Eve is concerned. Don't get lost in a sea of black clothing. Black is such a popular pick for New Year's. Stand out with a pop of unexpected color. Whether it's with fun shoes, a bag, or in my case, fun pants.


Some large, chunky accessories, and these fabulous (and affordable shoes) complete the look.


outfit details...

jacket by Zara (similar)




Oh, and who can resist this little honey bear?  He's saying, "Laaady, it's not even New Year's... What the heck are you doing?"



I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! 


24 comments:

  1. What a beautiful outfit and that smokey eye is to die for! Wish I had that much skill to apply like you do! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    Eloise | simplynaturale xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with that eye look! It's different from the glittery, stereotypical NYE eye look and I love that about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI
    I love this look its soooo pretty <3 I'll definitely give it a try
    I'm a big fan of your videos thank you for making them
    hugs and kisses from saudi arabia ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the shoes! Target always knocks it outta the shoe park for me... I was wondering if you'd ever write a post or make a video with details on how you go about shopping online? Are you just looking for things that catch your eye or do you have a process and any good tips/ do's and don'ts? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Tiffany! I'm going to a Christmas party in a few days and this has given me a few ideas :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That smokey eye is gorgeous! And so is your pop!

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great vidéo!!! I really love the pants!!!!

    http://mabulledepensees.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your skin looks amazing! Love the tutorial :)
    xoxo
    Suzanne from written by suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the makeup look you have done, even though you are somewhat pale it looks great on you. It really does give me confidence to try it. The outfit is really nice as well, very unique with the orange pants :).

    -Shelby
    http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your videos:))
    Merry Christmas!!

    http://styleloveandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favorite outfits you have EVER shown us! I absolutely love it!!!
    Please tell me how to add that scrolling product bar in your blog!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Tiffany, Brad, and Waylon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your eye makeup is so pretty! I love it!
    <3

    http://downtownhautefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty looks ! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're eye make up looks really, really good. I'm trying to pull this off but for New Years. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg I love your outfit. It looks stunning on you!


    http://bloggingwithbambi.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the eye look! My favorite part is that you didn't do full-on smoke under the eyes! Also, your doggy! I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty outfit with gorgeous smokey eye look !!Hope you had a time with your family this Christmas :)
    Mirela Kasimovic | www.marrymemakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Spread the Joy of the Happy New Year
    for all of you and your love ones. Nice website and Quality Content here.
    Good work please keep it up. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. This outfit is absolutely stunning! I love the red trousers, slightly unusual and super chic!
    I also love the smokey eye you have created (I adore those on other people, somehow they always go a bit wrong if I attempt them...will have a go at your tutorial!)
    Katrina
    http://mountainbeauty2013.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your videos and all the detail you give. I am interested in purchasing makeup brushes but I am wondering if you have a list of essentials brushes to begin my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! i wish i could find this blog earlier. I have very bad dressing sense. I was not looking good on New year event. But that was best new year eve party nyc. Everyone enjoyed and welcomed 2014 with great fun.

    ReplyDelete