2/4/11

Nail Polish Organization Idea

I've always had issues with nail polish storage. For years, they rested (unhappily) under my bed in shoeboxes. Then I got in on the nail polish wall rack craze. Then I realized that I wasn't running a nail salon. So several months back while perusing the organizational-containter-thingies aisle at Target, I discovered these babies.
SNAPWARE CONTAINERS! They come in sets of two, with one lid. Each compartment acts as the other's lid. So you could technically stack lots and lots! However, when filled with nail polish (which makes them quite heavy), it is definitely NOT a good idea to lift these by the handles if you have to move them. But it's no big deal. They're awesome, so I can get past that one flaw. Which isn't technically a flaw, as I don't think they're actually made for storing nail polish... ANYWAY, that's beside the point. Did I mention they're awesome??
They're the perfect depth for typical nail polish bottles. The only ones that cause a bit of trouble are the Sephora by O.P.I brand. They're a little tall, so you'll have to store those on the very top compartment. The blue lid fits perfectly on top of them, but another section will not stack on top of that particular brand. Check out the picture below to see what I'm talking about. The Sephora by O.P.I colors are in the back left.

See how they're a bit taller?? No biggie. Just store them inside the top container and you're good to go. I also love how you can easily find the color you need by looking into the containers. No digging. I love it.

When you're done, they stack neatly out of the way under a bed, in a closet... wherever.


They also sell smaller versions that come with three stacked containers that are great for storing nail files, clippers, cuticle balms, etc.
I was unable to find these on the Target website, but they sell them all sorts of places, and in actual Target stores if you are interested. Also, if you want to search for them online, the brand is Snapware and they're called "Snap-N-Stack" containers.
Check out my video below to see more about these containers and my nail polish organization and a peek at my nail polish collection.

xoxo- Tiffany

43 comments:

  1. Holy cow that's a lot of nail polish! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love this!! great job!

    xoxo,

    insidelook19.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this exact same storage bin to store my polishes!
    Works perfect!

    http://www.twoheartstogether.com/2010/12/17/nail-polish-collection-and-storage/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - thought I had a lot of nail polish but your collection puts mine to shame! What a good idea for storage though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is how I store mine! I found these over the summer and fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiffany-this is such a great storage solution!!! I ordered these online after watching your video the other day! I have had mine in shoe boxes in the hall closet and needed a better solution! These look ideal! :) Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good idea! You have so many colors, I love it!

    Come visit my blog sometime:)
    xo Joanna

    joannaloveslattes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome idea! I wish I had enough nail polishes to even do that! LOL -Meg @ O. is Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a loooooot of nail polish!

    Followed you now :D
    http://ayanagrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use these to store my nail polish also! I have just filled mine up and have to get another set soon! I love your eye shadow in this video. Very pretty! Can I ask what you have on?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to have a collection of nailpolish as big and organised as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this idea! Tiffany D scores again!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea, love your blog, if you get a chance please come visit mine, thanks hun

    http://miss-lv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really good idea, I keep my nail polish kinda like that, but I have a smaller colection!


    gostandodemoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow a lot of nail polish! :D

    http://ddiamantee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha I wish I had that much nail polish!! My favorite brands are O.P.I. and Zoya......

    ReplyDelete
  17. whaaat?! i NEED this. i might have to break my clothing/makeup/polish ban for these because i am in desperate need of good polish storage!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You should try Essie - Like Linen! Perfect pinky, nude, kinda white nail polish! I'm always looking for that perfect nude white and when I found this 3 years ago I fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is how I used to store my polishes, until the weight became too much for the Snapware containers and they broke. I began looking on the nail blogs to see how the hardcore bloggers stored their polish. They use the Helmer from Ikea, so bought it to try out. It holds and organizes all my nail polishes and supplies. I still keep my favorite polishes and my China Glaze collection of display in my wall rack, but the Helmer became the ultimate solution to the great nail polish storage problem

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow great idea! ive been trying to get organized myself haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just found an awesome nude polish...Sephora by OPI in Leotard Optional.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey, Tiffany, how your nail polishes aren't drying out? I mean, you have a lot if them. Which is the oldest? And does it still works great on your nails (I mean, is it the same quality like when you got a new one?).

    Love your videos,
    Egle

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is now on my Target list! I love your blog (and videos) and recently was inspired to start my own! You should check it out:

    http://endlesslyinspiredblog.blogspot.com/

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow that is a great idea!! NICE collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. thats a lot of nail polish! its such a good idea

    www.glamandgorgeous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tiffany, have you tried the new Sephora by OPI collection called Urban Ballerina? Yesterday I purchased the "Break a Leg-warmer" shade which is a nice charcoal grey. It's sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome idea! I need to get a set. Are they the Medium or Large 2 Layer snap-and-stacks?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, I love this idea! I'll have to find those containers because they seem great for a lot of different uses.

    Also... I LOVE the top you have on in the video!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Tiffany.

    Can you do a tutorial
    about this makeup?

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow that is a great idea, thanks hun! Btw your hair is starting to become really long again.. beautiful!

    www.bycelina.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow that's a lot of nail polish. That's a great way to organize them too ^-^

    btw, i did a post about Models Own gold rush nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Why would anyone have so much nail polish? That's kind of ... sad.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just looking at the photos - if you add it all up, how many thousands of dollars is that? Can you think of better uses for that much money? How does "feeding the homeless" sound to you? Or "trip to Paris" and learning new things?

    Really pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I would definitely need to get something similar! Could you also give any ideas how to storage all the make up? Because I have a lot and its always not tidy in my bag nevertheless I try to keep it tidy very hard! Thanks, love :)

    http://sandy-buzz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'd love to see a makeup tutorial for your look as well! Please? At least let us know what your eye shadows you are wearing! TIA

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is super late, but can you post the dimesions of the boxes? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  38. There are some women who are fond of collecting nail polish products. These ideas that you have shared regarding the proper storage and organization of these items are truly helpful. These items can also be kept in
    closets Bergen (for example) to maintain their quality. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have about a dozen nail polish bottles... and just ordered SEVERAL of your top 15-ish (hehe) polishes. Where and how to store is becoming an issue so need something like this. I already have the smaller stackable three of this brand and use it for make-up. So i think I will like the larger. I hope it fits under my bed. We will see. Thanks again TiffanyD!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks SO MUCH for this idea! Mine were all just loose on my desk, so this is actually life changing. And the boxes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete